If you’re so unhappy why aren’t you dead? Continuing to fight isn’t going to change anything, so you might as well put yourself out of your misery once in for all.” “There are things in the future that are worth living for, both for you and for me.
Hiei to Mukuro on her depression and hard past.
I love these quotes because it explains why I hate people who go around saying how sad or hard their life is. Your life isn’t going to magically change over night. Either do what you can to change it or put yourself out of the misery rather than sitting around whining about it. But you have the option to change your life and make a future worth living for. Your only options aren’t killing yourself or sitting around feeling sorry for yourself and your problems. But if you choose the latter, make sure you choose the former as well.
wtf is this bs doing in my fandom tag
HEY HOW ABOUT THIS: IF SOMEONE HAS DEPRESSION THAT WHOLE “STUFF WORTH LIVING FOR” AND “HAVING OPTIONS” STUFF IS INCREDIBLY HARD IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE AND THAT IS NOT THE DEPRESSED PERSON’S FAULT
AND ENCOURAGING PEOPLE TO KILL THEMSELVES IS NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER E V E R OKAY OMFG
and in fact the fact that HIEI WAS WRONG IN HIS ATTITUDE ABOUT THIS with his fatalism and his weird death-seeking crusade was sort of A CENTRAL POINT OF THIS PLOT and it was only WITH THE HELP OF MUKURO that he realized that life IS worth living?
as in he didn’t like ~BOOTSTRAPS~ himself up out of his semi-suicidal mindset
instead what happened was two very broken people shouting at each other for not seeing how broken they were and realizing what giant hypocrites they were being and LEARNING TO HEAL TOGETHER
Whose stuff? Tsukino Usagi/ Serena
From? Anime: Sailor Moon (season 1)
Season Episode 2: Series Episode 2 -「おしおきよ!占いハウスは妖魔の館」 or “Punish Them! The House of Fortune is the Monster Mansion”
What? Black criss-cross mary janes!
Shoe fortune telling works like this apparently: if you flip your shoe in the air and it lands on the head of some random jerk, then you’re destined to marry him.
I actually own an identical pair to these that my mom bought for me at Macy’s in like 1995 (the brand was Unlisted I think?). My mom was really sweet about it too. I had no right to buy an extra pair of dressy-ish shoes and plus, I was a huge brat throughout the 90s and uh, 2000s too. But, she was like “sometimes I just like giving you presents because you can also be a really good girl!” Anyhow, these shoes are linked to that random, nice memory of my mother even more so than Sailor Moon.
GIMME! Tic-Tac-Toes for only $38.
- Politician at door: (blah blah blah)...and my strong commitment to traditional family values, as my wife of 28 years will attest.
- Shade's mom: Sir, I don't care if you have orgies every Tuesday night so long as you get your job done.
- Politician: ...
- Shade's mom: Also, if "traditional family values" is a sneaky way of saying "anti-gay marriage stance," you should know that my daughter is bisexual, and if I never get to cry at her wedding because some law you passed made her wedding illegal, I will personally see that your wife of 28 years has a lesbian awakening in time for you to discover the virtues of traditional divorce.
- Politician: ...you have yourself a nice day, m'am.
if your first solution while searching for a plot for your female character is to say HEY LET’S MAKE HER STRUGGLE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN BOYS, i need you to do me a favor
- remove your hands from the keyboard/pen/pencil
- back away from the computer/paper/other media
- take a walk
- during that walk realize women can do more than have boyfriends
Actually just remove your fucking hands